Thru-Hiker’s Journey is a mobile game for Android and iOS modeled after Oregon Trail. Attempt to hike the entire Appalachian Trail by rationing resources and avoiding death. It’s the first backpacking simulation game ever made and it will be free!
The game is currently in development and will launch in the coming months.
The original web game is still free to play at atthruhike.com.
The new game features:
- Fun, clean, 2D graphics that change with the location and seasons
- Complex decision making that reflects real life
- SOBO (southbound) hiking option
- Character customization
- Mini-games like Half Gallon Challenge and Kennebec Ferry
- And of course, the ability to save your progress for later